SAGE BIRDS OF A FEATHER (BOF): Scalable Adaptive Graphics Environment (SAGE) for Global Collaboration, at SC14
Tuesday, November 18, 2014, 12:15PM – 01:15PM
New Orleans Convention Center, Rooms 393-94-95
SAGE2™, the next-generation SAGE, was introduced. SAGE2 is browser-based and integrates cloud services, a multi-resolution image viewer, a stereoscopic image viewer, mirrored portals, and network streaming of high-resolution imagery. Like SAGE middleware, SAGE2 is a software framework that enables local and remote collaboration on scalable resolution display walls (from single monitors to a wall of tiled displays) by sharing diverse media content, including 2D and 3D visualizations and applications. One major benefit of browser-based software is that there is no installation requirement for users and it is inherently cross-platform. A user simply needs an up-to-date web browser on the device he/she wishes to use as an interaction tool for the wall. SAGE2 services are essentially brought to the user through the Cloud.
This BOF provided a Forum for the SAGE/SAGE2 developers to meet with the the SAGE global user community and potential users; specifically:
- to introduce key SAGE/SAGE2 team members
- to provide an overview of SAGE/SAGE2 roadmaps
- to review SAGE/SAGE2 capabilities and applications
- to highlight SAGE/SAGE2 research and education applications
- to solicit feedback
In addition, SAGE2 demonstrations took place in the National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) research booth on the exhibition floor.
SAGE2 Presentation: SC14 BOF presentation (PDF – 25MB)
SAGE2 Video: http://youtu.be/ZHm6wdPP1RY (youtube)
Additional SAGE2 information:
- Website: www.sagecommons.org
- *NEW* User Forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sage2
- Post and Track Issues: https://bitbucket.org/sage2/sage2/issues
- Wiki Detailed Documentation: https://bitbucket.org/sage2/sage2/wiki
- Source Code Download: https://bitbucket.org/sage2/sage2
SAGE and SAGE2 are trademarks of the University of Illinois Board of Trustees.